Drug and Alcohol Crisis in Tulsa, OK
Depending on various factors such as time, money, or severity of the addiction, you can choose between 30-day, 60-day, and 90-day programs. When you decide on the length of your treatment you can choose an inpatient or outpatient option. Inpatient programs are fit for people who prefer living at the treatment center with 24-hour support. Outpatient allows the patient to live at home and may be more affordable but is not recommended for severe addictions. 90-day and other long-term programs have resulted in providing patients with the best outcome for moderate to severe cases. When limited with time or other factors, they might lead you to a 30-day or 60-day program. 30-day programs are less time-consuming and are the most affordable for mild addictions. 60-day programs are good middle-ground and are best for moderate addictions. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, you are not alone. Call us at 405-583-4390 to learn more about available treatment programs in Tulsa and surrounding areas so that you or a loved one can get help as soon as possible.
Drug Statistics on Tulsa
- With a population of 991,005, Tulsa is the second-largest city in Oklahoma. It is located on the Arkansas River, right between Osage Hills and the Ozark Mountains.
- According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, in the past year, about 15.4% of people in the are have used illicit drugs. This amounts to about 126,000 people, the ages of 12 or older, who used illicit drugs during that period.
- While the prescribed pain relievers for non-medical use is at 7.6%, the marijuana use is at 8.1%. In the last month, about 22.1% of people binge drank alcohol in the Tulsa metropolitan area.
- A few factors that may contribute to substance abuse in this area are the roadways, being close to the state capital, and the large population. It’s no wonder that addiction and recovery treatment programs in Tulsa are so diversified.
Send Us A Message And Let Us Help.
Your Treatment Options in Your Area
In Tulsa, you will find two inpatient facilities that offer detoxification and other treatment options, such as the 30, 60, and 90-day programs. You can also find outpatient options in many facilities that include detox, along with intensive and standard treatment services. Residential services can also be found in several facilities that provide both short-term and long-term programs.
What to Look for in a Treatment Center
- Accreditation is important for the patient because it lets them know if the facility meets their standard but it also ensures they provide excellent care.
- Evidence-based treatments are backed up with scientific research and can provide proof of being effective.
- The length of a program can depend on various factors, such as the severity of the patient’s addiction.
- Location can provide the patient with the opportunity to seek help in their hometown or in a different city. Depending on the individual, both options can help and be effective.
- Aftercare services can be essential to the patient’s recovery and can reduce the chances of relapse. Aftercare can include therapy, support groups, and other services.
- Payment options vary in facilities but most accept Medicare, Medicaid, and other forms of insurance. Several facilities also offer payment assistance options or a sliding fee scale.
Benefits of Leaving Your Town for Treatment
While Tulsa may have many options for treatment, it might be better for you to step out of your comfort zone that can be your hometown, which may be a toxic environment and detrimental to your recovery. Many facilities can offer the main treatment, such as detoxification, inpatient, 30-day, 60-day, and 90-day programs. Patients who travel for treatment will most likely participate in an inpatient program since they will have to live in the center during their treatment. You can choose the length of the program depending on the severity of your addiction. Sometimes it is good to remove yourself from a negative environment and people. It is important to find the right program and location for you to help you succeed. Here are some benefits of traveling somewhere else for treatment.
Depending on what you decide, whether it is to stay in Oklahoma City or receive help somewhere else, you can find the right place and program for you. You can contact us at 405-583-4390, to learn more or to enroll.
GET A NEW PERSPECTIVE
An out of town facility can also give you a new perspective on both your behavior and addiction. Sometimes big cities get too loud and that might be overwhelming. You will have the opportunity to be in the new and neutral surroundings to completely commit to your treatment. A new place can take away any distractions that might affect your recovery treatment. You might find out new things about yourself and your addiction that you might not discover if you stay home.
LEAVE ANY NEGATIVITY BEHIND
You are the most important person and the person to put first when getting treatment. You are also the one who is aware of who and what can trigger you to seek out your addictive substance. Going to a different town can remove any negative people or situations that can prevent you from sobriety. If you stay in your town, you might run into people you know and may cause you to feel judged or insecure.
Create a Distance From Negativity
By leaving your city for treatment, you can give yourself a better chance than you would have to stay at home. You can create a distance between you and anything that can prevent you from overcoming your addiction. This will allow you to remove yourself from any distractions that can keep you from getting the help you need. It can also help take you away from a negative environment you might have at home. Creating a distance can also benefit you by taking you away from any negative people in your life. The physical distance can also prevent you from leaving the treatment before completing the program. You can use it as an encouragement to keep going. You might not always need some distance for sobriety but during the treatment, it might be essential for your recovery.
Expand Your Perspective
Traveling to a different city can give you a new perspective, not only on your current life but also on your addiction and your behavior related to it. You will be in a new and neutral surrounding where you can protect your privacy. In a new place, you will be in a non-judgmental zone where no one knows you or your story. Being in a new city can also help you stay committed to your treatment journey and remove any distractions. You can rediscover who you are while also learning everything you can about your addiction to not let it continue to control you.
Kickstart Your New Life
If you are curious about another city, traveling for your treatment is a great opportunity to check it out. You can begin your new and improved sober life away from your hometown and it could be the best thing you do. Maybe you find a program offered only in a different city and maybe that is exactly what you need. Some cities offer special kinds of treatments that you might be interested in. If you have a reason, no matter how small or big, you can give yourself the chance to explore a new area, for example, while also working on yourself and recovering from your addiction. A new city might be your recovery paradise or even your new home.
Benefits of Finding Treatment in Tulsa, OK
Since every patient is unique, one treatment or location might not be perfect for everyone. While some people find it great to leave their hometown, others do a lot better in their own city. Bigger cities can offer more treatment options than smaller cities. You can reduce the travel cost you would be spending traveling to a different city.
Some patients prefer staying close to their family and friends. A good support system can help patients stay strong throughout the treatment and aftercare. Attending treatment in a familiar place can help you stay connected to the treatment staff and other patients. Staying in your city can also make it easier for patients to continue their after-treatment care and sobriety.
Whether you decide to travel outside of your city or stay near your hometown, there are recovery treatment programs in Tulsa may have the right treatment to fit your needs. Remember that no journey or treatment is one-size-fits-all. One patient might be successful with short-term treatment and others might do better in the long-term. Call us at 405-583-4390 for more information.